1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Convertable mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone ever seen the convertable mower made by Rich Manufacturing? The zero turn that can convert into a walkbehind by moving the control arm. I have a dealer close by and may go check it out, seems like the best of both worlds to me.:cool:
  2. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Merlin, You are right down the road from me. I'm in sanford, tramway to be exact. Do you know of tanglewood landscaping? Keith runs it and is a buddy of mine.
  3. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Merlin, do you use some sort of majic on a mower like that?:D :D

4. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

No I have never heard of them. But glad to hear there are people close by on here.

No I don't use one I saw an advertisment in TURF for one and thought about it.
  5. scottib

scottib LawnSite Member
    from St.L

Im very interested in buying one but cannot find any one who has ever used one before...
    The nearest retailer is over an hour away... Does anyone own and use one of these????
    Please reply
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There were a couple of conversations about the Rich Convertable here at Lawnsite a long time ago. It's probably been at least 5 years since it's been mentioned. As I remember there was no one that was real excited about them but one guy had one and liked it.
  7. scottib

scottib LawnSite Member
    from St.L

Thanks I found that out for sure... Not many did like them at all as far as what I read....
    They do really look excellent to have if you can cut lawns commercially with one mower... I do like the idea of one mowerbut if it does break both are down... but most companies already have a backup plan of some sort... Thanks
  8. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think it would be as sturdy as a standard ZTR or W/B. Why would you want to use it as w/b. The ONLY reasons I use my w/b is if the gate is too small or if my helper is finished everything and we are on a big property.
  9. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

DR power equipment makes them.