Convertable Walk or Ride Rich mfg

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bel Air Bob, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

Anyone out there use a Convertable Mower from Rich Mfg in Indianna? I am seriously thinking of buying one.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Bel
    Ask it this way --- is anyone using the new model convertible, with the engine pushed back.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Great idea. Makes one wonder why they don't all make such a machine, if patents permitted.

Problems:

1. Virtually no dealer network
    2. Minimal feedback on performance available.
    3. Minimal information on mower avail from manufacturer relative to that provided by some major brands
    4. Possibly a little top heavy as a rider (but that's when you pop it into walk mode
    5. You have to wonder why it's not a top selling mower by now if it's all that great. Who wouldn't want a riding mower that handles wb duties when needed?
    6. Not sure if mulching or bagging systems are even available.
    Try a search of previous threads, but again, check to make sure you're reading about the newest models, which apparently are improved.

4. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Bob, I bought the 2006 model 52" before the start of this season and I am very satisfied with my purchase. It has been my main machine all year long and has performed flawlessly. It gives a very good cut whether the grass is dry, damp or wet and the convenience of being able to switch to a walk behind in about 5 seconds (instead of going back to the trailer to get one) when mowing hills saves a TON of time. I realize that lots of guys will just go ahead and drive their ZTR on hills, even steep hills, but I like not having to worry about rolling over or sliding uncontrollably down a hill. My machine has the Kohler 28 EFI which has also performed great. No fooling with a choke, lots of power when needed, and is easy on the gas usage. Call up the factory and see if they can arrange a way that you can demo one for a week. If you do get your checkbook out because you will want one.

5. John Gamba

from ct

BUMP:cool2: :laugh: :waving: :waving: :waving:

6. John Gamba

from ct

bump:) :) :) :)

7. Bel Air Bob

They redisigned so you're not sitting over engine

8. John Gamba

from ct

bump:weightlifter: :weightlifter: :)

9. John Gamba

from ct

was the convertible mower at expo?????????????????????????????

10. Bel Air Bob

Yes, they had indoor and outdoor booth. It was fun to ride around, though they didn't have any real good hills down there to ride on for a real good test.