Convertible mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLM-1, Oct 20, 2004.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen them in Louisville the last three years, but have never demoed one. Looks to be more of a homeowner or light commercial mower to me, but as I said, I have no first hand experience to base this on...maybe someone here has one, and will give us all the 411..

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

For 04
    they have gone with pumps and wheel motors. They are getting more commercial every year BUT they still have a ways to go. Like bearings for the front caster forks and 27 Kohler and 23 to 25 Kaws. I have never used one because there are no dealers close to me. I hope they get the act together soon it looks like we could use a mower like it.

John

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I keep thinking the same thing, John. I would definitely like the chance to demo one, though. With some proper upgrades, it could be a valuable asset for many mowing crews.

Bill

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I did sit on one awhile back. They should be great in small places because they are only 64" long and they do have some good attachments that you can use with out taking off the mower deck. I have emailed Cathy Scott at convertible mower and she is very nice and did say the 04 models with pumps and wheel motors do 10MPH. They also have a foot peddle for lifting the deck like on other ztr;s and a larger hydro tank. They do need a bigger muffler they are kind-of loud.

I think if we started to talk to Cathy Scott about some Upgrades they might do some.

John

Oh one nice thing about the mower if you put on Trac-vacs new tow behind bagger you can go from no bag to 16 Bushels in one minute and it all fits on a 10 Foot trailer. :)

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have never seen anything like this before. This could be a nice piece of equipment if it can handle the rigors of commercial duty.

Gravely_Man

7. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

:p Good for the days when you want to work, but not walk

8. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

These would be ideal for those PITA that don't want riding mowers in their yard. I'd love to see their reaction when I converted it to a walk-behind ;)

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

they would be like ;) and you would be like :p :waving:

10. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

What is the price on this unit?