1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tailoredlook, Sep 10, 2002.

1. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

Just wanted to know if any of you guys out there have ever used or demoed the convertible. You know the one that is a walk behind then you throw a switch and it becomes a rider.
  2. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

What the hell are you talking about?Is it a Batmobile type mower?????
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search. I forgot who, but a long time guy around here has one that has been nothing but trouble. Rich?Maybe
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Rich Davis has one (Rich TLC). He said it has been sitting since he bought his DC. He had nothign but problems with the Rich convertable.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've never seen one in real life. Only the ads. I'd STILL like to know who the girl in the ad is though!:p
  6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to know who she is also.:cool:
    In a neighborhod where I work, last year there was a guy that had two of the convertible mowers. Seems every time he used them he was working on them. When I would pass, he would wave, and shake his head. He also looked kinda :mad:.
    His helper was cutting with a 48 inch belt drive mower. I said to myself, I would never get one of those. The idea looked kind of neat though.
  7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Rich Davis (rich dtlc) does have one and he says the company will not help him out. He has had problems with it and they either wont work on it, no parts, no return calls, no dealer support or something. Anyway didnt sound too good. I would stay away....far away!
  8. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

A local dealer here that carries Trac-Vac products told me the girl in the Rich Convertible ads is the daughter of the companys owner.The same guy owns Trac-Vac and the Rich covertible company according to my dealer.Richard
  9. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Banned

Doesn't DR make something like this? I wonder if it is any good? For that matter is anything DR makes any good?