1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Converting a boat trailer to a utility trailer(Progress Pics)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by hondarancher4435, Apr 14, 2009.

1. hondarancher4435

hondarancher4435 LawnSite Senior Member

well recently i bought a boat trailer that i am going to convert to a utility trailer. i paid $200 for the trailer and figure i will put about $200 into converting it and in the end i will have a 6x14 utility trailer. i have been wanting to do this for a long time and thought maybe some of you guys would be interested also. i will post pics when i get updated but the whole build it probably going to take around 5 weeks.

this is how i got the trailer

P4110039.JPG

2. hondarancher4435

this is what i got done yesterday. i took all the rollers and unneeded parts off

next step will be rebuilding the second axle i have all the parts for it but i do need tires if anyone has some let me know and i want to sell all those rollers if anyone wants them.

P4130046.JPG

3. landscaperman

landscaperman LawnSite Member

I built a 8' trailer about 2 years ago. I built a ramp for the back of it and that alone cost me about $250 just in metal to make it.

4. landscaperman

landscaperman LawnSite Member

He are some pics of the trailer I made.

trailer 8' 003.jpg

trailer 8' 007.jpg

trailer 8' 005.jpg

5. hondarancher4435

yea i have it all figured out it's gonna cost me allitle more than $200 but i am getting most of the steel for free had it lying around or whatever. and this trailer is alot larger than it looks the pics make it look small the overall length is 22ft

6. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

are you sure trailer number 2 is gonna hold all that weight?????

7. hondarancher4435

the second trailer is not mine if you are refering to mine it is rated for 3200lbs and i will be rebuilding the rear axle stronger than it was so that should boost it to around 3500lbs

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like it will be a fun project! Keep us posted!

9. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

thats crazy i want 2 do it tho

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: