converting Pistol Grips???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A1 Grass, Nov 13, 2002.

1. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scag 32" WB, w/pistol grips. What's this about converting them to "t-bar" or "ecs"??? Please explain and tell me where to find them (and others).

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that the only conversion that you could do would to go to the ECS, which most likely would not be a dirrect fit. I dont think it would be that hard to get it to fit, but dont be surprised if it does not fit exactly. I believe that the ECS conversion kit is rather expensive, but I may not be remembering correctly. May be a fun winter project.

3. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Is there a WEBSITE where I can look at the conversion kit?

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

The T bar is at Toro dealer, will fit most belt drive machines. Cost

$250. I have a 97 Lesco 52 w Tbar, before that I had a48 Scag

w T bar 1991 to 97. Showed to Dane Scag and Toro rep at dealer show. Toro has the patent on T bar. You can put it on. Toro

makes a 48 fixed deck w T bar. Looks like my set up

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

ECS is still pistol grips, just at a different angle. In fact with them closer together, some guy's feel cramped. Do it the right way, just buy a Hustler, or at least go look at one and decide......
    Pete

6. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Great post, I'm looking into this option also. I just checked out Gravely's site and they are now out with their version of modified controls. I just purchased a pistol grip version this past spring and posted a question on their boards if they planned on offering a conversion kit. Currently they are not offering one, so its good to know that the toro kit works on many different units. Anyone know if it will work on a Gravely 2002 gear drive???