Converting spring flyers for fall cleanups

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mwalz, Aug 16, 2014.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

So i have a bunch of door hangers left over from the spring. The only it has on it is lawncare. Which is great. But i am trying to figure out a way to make them work for fall cleanups and or other services. I was thinking of getting some stickers printed up with fall cleanup info, and stick them to the back of each door hanger. Would be fairly cheap, and would serve multiple purposes. What do you think?

2. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

good idea, they'll have the original, and an updated version for the season

3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I don't know how much stickers are going to cost you.
    I am in the same situation and I just bought new flyers. I can use the spring flyers next year in the spring.
    I got 5,000 1/4 page flyers from nexdayflyers for $140 with shipping. I wish I had got 10k. Might order another round.

4. mwalz

I ordered 2500 of them, put out only a little over 800. I just ran out of time to put them out. Since I'm in school weekends is when i can only get door hanging accomplished. I didn't start early enough so i have a ton of them left over. I don't want them to go to waste. Hopefully stickers wont break the bank.

5. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

My guess is stickers are more than new flyers
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Use the flyers next year. The time for your wife to stick all those stickers on your flyers--too many hours.
    Get new flyers printed for fall.

7. mwalz

Yep, it was a good idea, I'm thinking of ordering 1,000 fall cleanup flyers. Stickers are crazy expensive but it was a good idea...

8. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I've printed my own stickers before, with an ink jet printer. You would have to estimate how much your ink costs though, because it can be expensive, but for one sticker it doesn't seem like it would use that much ink per label. You can buy sheets of labels and different sizes. Right now I don't have a printer so I haven't done this recently.