Converting to ECS...

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by raschmid07, Nov 18, 2005.

1. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

I am looking to moving from my current mower to the 48" Metro next spring. I am trying to get a price guage, but I haven't been able to make it out to my dealer yet. I really like the option of converting the pistol grips to ECS, but how much more should I be prepared to pay for the addition of ECS? Thanks for your help.
  2. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Nobody replied yet.

I believe it isnt that much. I think it is only a couple hundred bucks.
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

It would be between $300-$400.00.
    Thanks, Brian
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Why don't you get ECS from the beginning? It is well worth the effort. I have run 36" Metro with pistol for 2 years before running 52" TTHP with ECS, there is no comparison. You at best will least likely feel the numbness and pain while using ECS compared to pistol especially belt walk that gave you all the sweat and wrist sore, palm sore. The only advantage pistol has is cheap price and archaic.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

ECS is awsome, when trying mowers, i didn't like pistols at all, the ECS is very comfortable and none to little fatigue after using it for long periods of time.
  6. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

I am trying to get ECS from the beginning, but it it's an accessory not a stock option. Therefore, you have to pay the extra to convert it, which is what I was trying to figure out. By the way, thanks for the input on the price Brian.
  7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If you want the ECS controls from the beginning, you need to order model number M15KA483. That is the model number for the unit to come stock with the ECS controls. M15KA483P is the Pistol Grip unit (hence the "P" at the end of the model number). And both models should list for the same price, so don't take any bull larkey if the dealer tries to tell you that to get the one with the ECS would cost you more than the pistol grip ones..

Brian, help me out here, is this correct?
  8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Mark my word, you will spend a lot, I mean a lot of time adjusting those linkage back and forth running belt walk, through out the year and even ECS on belt system is not even close to those ECS on Hydro walk...try one and you will get what I mean. The system of lock, neutral, drive, horrible and unproductive...and when it wet from rain...groan and moan like crazy. Never again belt system in this life.
  9. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

You are correct sir!
  10. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

The ECS is one great invention. Get it right from the start. It's alot easier, or maybe I should say more comfortable to me to have them espically when using the jungle wheels. Go for the ECS you'll be happy with it.