Converting Windows to power windows.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Apr 30, 2005.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Im really considering buying a truck with a manual windows this coming week... My brother can do the installation (he used to do it for a living). But im wondering what is a good brand to get. I see kits out their for only like $145 for both windows, but im wondering if they are good enough, or are all of them the same? If youve done this, have you had any problems with it? Thanks guys

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Don't be a sissy. I went from a 03 chevy that was pretty much loaded to a 05 dodge with nothing in it. Rolling down the windows is really not that hard at all. Be a man.

Matt

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

my dakota had manual's... it wasnt that bad, but for only $145, power windows sure are appealing. Its nice when a customer walks up to the car you dont have to lean over and roll down the window.

4. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

What truck?

5. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

depends on how good of deal ur gettin on the truck, if its a good buy who care about roughin it....

what kinda truck/year & price?

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

01 chevy 2500hd, curtis plow, 34k miles, 60k mile waranty or until 2007, strobes in front and rear tail lights, 90 watt, reg cab, red, great shape. 17k. edmunds says 15,500, so for 1500 extra i get the plow, waranty, lights and all that other stuff.

7. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, a little sideways on this topic..

For everybody that has an extended or crew cab pickup.. what is your view on a power sliding rear window?

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh how I wish I had one!!

9. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

I would love that kind of a set-up. Do they make one? Let us know.

10. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be a smart***, but shouldn't your brother have an idea of the price and the quality of the kits?