Converting Word Document(.doc) to .JPG file?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Watkinslawnservice, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

:help: Is there a way to change a word file to a .JPG file. In order to upload graphics for buying advertising items online they all require a .JPG. :realmad:

Thanks,
    Dave :waving:

2. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

Yeah just not by default. M$ does not have rights to the jpeg format so they do not include a tool to export into it. There are third party software tools that do allow to easily convert .DOC to image files..ie: tiff, jpg, gif, bmp etc etc. Here is the link to one of them,

They have a free trial, i dont know if you can actually save your document the one time or what...I will have a look around for a freeware version and post back here in a minute.

.PDF is a really versatile format though and usually in any application you can use it..

3. WhohasHelios?

contact me through email..if you still have not figured a converter out
    helios03@telus.net

4. Watkinslawnservice

I am downloading the free word to .PDF converter as I speak. I will let you know how it works. Thanks for the info.

Dave

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

what does that word file contain? if it contains typed text, converting to .jpg is not an option if you want it to look good. flat color, such as text, is not intended for .jpg, which is a photographic image file. they render color differently and it would look quite bad.

if you are converting to pdf, be sure it's converted at high resolution.

6. Watkinslawnservice

I downloaded the PDF converter but I have too old of a version of WORD.

Yeah its typed text tonygreek. I made a simple logo on word and a flyer. I wanted to be able to upload them to online printing companies to get cards and flyers or doorhangers printed, or maybe even the post-it notes, but I cant use a word document.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If i download that converter, will i be able to e-mail something from word, a text document, to someone who doesnt have word on their computer and they will be able to see it?

8. WhohasHelios?

Are you saying that you are unable to convert to .PDF with your current setup?

If that is the case and you would like it converted, send it my way and I will send you back the .pdf format.

helios03@telus.net

You should be able to select from the save as file type menu in word an option called "plain text" This will allow almost any text program on virtually any operating system to read the text.

9. WhohasHelios?

Just re-read your post to Tony...The plain text option is not for images.. I would strongly suggest pdf. It is a VERY standard and cross platform format.

Reuben

10. Watkinslawnservice

Hey whohashelios,

Thanks for the offer. I have e-mailed the file to you. If you think you can do something with it, great, but if you cannot then no biggie. Maybe I should get one professionally designed anyway. I happen to like simpler logos though. What do you or anyone else think? Does it stink to high heaven?

Dave

Attached Files: