Convince me....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Apr 11, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, actually starting to get serious this year and am really really thinking about purchasing a lazer hp. For now I have piece a piece of poo walmart rider. I have heard/read alot about the hp's and they sound good for residential and commercial both. I have seven lawns ranging about 1 hour each. I know I am not big yet but was wondering if it would be a smart choice? I was wondering if you guys could convince me to go in and buy one??? Thanks alot and any response would be greatly apreciated!:waving:

2. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Who do you have for dealers in the area?? and are they any good. IMO I would go with something that has good local dealer support

3. EPIC

EPIC LawnSite Member

IF I WERE U I WOULD PAY A 36'' WALK BEHIND USED darn cap loks .... neways
    or get a new quik36 they are really get i hear. that way you can cut your lawns fast and still get into back gates . thats what i worked up to and its great

4. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Epic dont mean to bash you but can or would you use spell check , your grammer is horrible. It would make it so much easier to read your posts.

5. trent515

trent515 LawnSite Member

Ditto on the 36" walk-behind. Should cut down your time considerably, especially since you are using a 42" rider and 21" push. I started this year with two Gravely belt-drive 36" mowers, picked them up for $900 a piece with one-wheel sulkies on both. Beats $6000 and up for a good ZTR, and works fine for me.

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I guess you need to decide whether you want to spend a lot of money up front on a good investment for a long time in a Lazer HP or do you want to get started for the least amount of money. When I started in the business I asked myself the same question and ended up buying a Gravely 260Z. I wanted to invest for the long term, not just get by for a couple years on a used mower. Either way works, I don't think there is a good and a bad way, just what you want to do.

7. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

If you plan on making a carrer out of it go ahead and get a 60" exmark and get some more accounts... no point in waiting on good equipment. If you plan on doing it part time stick with what you got as saving time isn't a factor since you only have 7.

8. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seven right now and plan on passing out 1000 flyers, but also I think i may invest in something i can use for big commerical lawns. I don't want to get buy with 36" and then get some big accounts and take me 2 hours to do....So i think i may buy something that will go with big accounts but still get around in those smaller ones....