Convincing New Business

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LandworksEnterprises, Feb 16, 2003.

1. LandworksEnterprises

LandworksEnterprises LawnSite Member

Hey There,
    I am wanting to add irrigation to my list of services provided. I am simply wondering how to convince the residential customers who don't already have irrigation that it's right for them. The line that it saves money doesnt always work. Neither does "it's better for your turf" or most things to that effect. How do you folks convince the customer? Also, how would I get my name on builder's lists for irrigation installs? And, where can I get bulk irrigation supplies wholesale from major distributors, or would this even be more economical that the local irrigation shop? Any help at all would be better than none whatsoever.

Nick Holbrook
    Landworks Enterprises
    Cleveland/Chattanooga, TN
    (423) 728-0635
  2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

start calling your customers, wrinting them letters, putting irrigation in your advertising. they won't know you do it until you tell them.

first make sure you know what you are doing. try subbing the work to an irrigation professional and work alongside of him learning the ropes. take some irrigation classes through the irrigation association.

good luck
  3. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

If a customer is really into having a nice green lush lawn...then they know that it needs to be watered religiously. For alot of people the fact that they won't have to drag hoses all around the yard at different times during the day...everyday!! reason enough for them to install one. Its almost impossible to sell a system to someone who doesn't care about there lawn/landscape.