Cool drink and shade?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by echo8287, Mar 20, 2008.

1. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Anyone use the cup holders on their mowers? Does anyone have a top on their mower for shade in the heat of the summer? The reason I ask is my TT didn't come with a cup holder and I was thinking of getting one and the top of my head is minus a little hair now> the reason for the roof. Also I bought a Shindaiwa 260 trimmer the other week and it starts and runs real good. Are those a discontinued model? The dealer had 2 more and I was thinking of going back and get another one for $274.00+tax. David

2. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I use my cup holder all the time. I dont see many people with the sun shades on there mowers, I think I would take mine off, as soon as I go under a tree. The T260 is discontinued model I think. I would go grab the other 2 also, I used to run them till the dealer stocked the newer model with the catalyst, not nearly as much power

3. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

i use my cup holder for trash, and a sunshade is useless. when i mow, im not goona take the time to stop and have a drink

4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

A camelback is the best for drinking out of in the summer.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A cup holder? Sun shade? Puhlease.....:rolleyes:

6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I put my favorite beverage in my cup holder to mow my lawn and it got full of dirt.

7. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

Really? I would think it would be hard for dirt to get in the top of a long neck bottle.:drinkup:

8. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I can tell you from cutting my own lawn that yes,dirt DOES get in the longnecks lol.

9. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Those 22's could hold a lot of dirt.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Cup holder is used to have a bottle of ant killer stuff. If you are mowing for several hours get this new backpack with water contrainer in it and tube.