Cool equipment videos

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, some just working, some crazy. Those skid steer stunts can be fun though. The guys do seem to get beaten up pretty well doing the skid steer wheelies and donuts. You can't do too many stunts with a dozer or excavator, other than destroying stuff or doing that really odd unload off a truck with an excavator. I saw someone try that with a case backhoe, it didn't end right side up! ALso ever see someone push a dozer with the final drive disconnected? Nothing stopping that going downhill!

3. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

except the blade

4. Fieldman12

I have not seen anyone push a bulldozer down a hill with the final drives disconnected. I am sure that would be interesting for me to see.This just goes to show you what kind of employees may be out there some of these videos and what they do when your not around. If I saw someone doing this with any of my equipment I would fire them. It's hard to get good help these days. We have found that out farming.

5. tallrick

The crawler had clutch problems so they wanted to get it back to the barn, this was in west Tennesse while visiting a friend. They were taking things apart and decided it was easier to get it back to the barn, they had the blade off as they were towing stuff with it. The push was done with an excavator and it moved slowly then got away. It was amazing how it just kept going, even over a trash pile and some rocks. It ended up running into a pickup truck.

Finding good help really does seem to be difficult, but there doesn't seem to be much demand around here either. Still, it's scary to think what some employees do.

By the way, Fieldman I doubt that you have never had some fun in your skid steer. I know I have done it in mine, but only at home, never on a job.

6. Fieldman12

Well, I must say I would like to try some of those tricks but only in a rental unit. Im afraid I would tear the machine up and then I have to work on it. :)

7. tallrick

LOL I know the feeling! But so far popping wheelies and spinning donuts aren't causing damage to the skid loader. Well unless someone turns it over!

8. James Stafford

James Stafford LawnSite Member