Cool season turf operators for fert and squirt...? If you told your clients.........

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Exact Rototilling, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I've fired clients that I couldn't deal with, but not for any of those reasons... as Raymond stated, at the end of the day nothing changes anyways... strangely enough one of my best clients was actually doing 2X per day last Fall... :)

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I hear you. That sounds about like half of my customers and every one of those lawns are struggling to thrive.

I'm not expecting explosive growth with this approach. I just need to make the lawn personal trainer angle appealing. :help:

Seriously ...why would a personal trainer want to be constantly agrivated by clients who eat junk food and drag their feet every step of the way of the program...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Most of my accounts take 3 to 4 hours each. The big advantage is theres still alot to do in the winter.

Ive been going after smaller simpler homes so I can do one more house aday. Its hard to do three four hour homes in a day.

Another advantage to doing real nice yards is that its "free" advertising.

4. The Turf Guys

The Turf Guys LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Guaranteed long term customer. LOL

5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Funny you mention this. This maybe in fact the angle the big Apple customers use. Early spring fert mid May on frozen ground helps push weeds. Then customer calls up for an additional blanket application of herbicide. Makes sense to me now. :(
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. The Turf Guys

The Turf Guys LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I think part of the problem is that homeowners have been bombarded by lies and bad information for so long that they either believe BS or they are just so confused that they don't believe anything.

Last year during the worst drought in 30 years and at the height of weeks of 100+ days our local county extension office(full of Ph D.'s and Master Gardners) and local TV shows told people to just completely stop watering their lawns. I continued to tell my customers to doing a deep watering twice per week. Some listened and some didn't. Bottom line is this year a guy make a killing just doing aerating and overseeding all year!!! All because these homeowners got tricked into a bunch of bad info. In the end the customers just don't know what to believe anymore.

Good thing I read one of your previous threads about PLUGR aerators. Bought and 855 last season. It more than paid for itself in 1 month and was a snap to operate.
    Thanks!!!!