1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cool Vent Wells

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Sep 16, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if this is a regional thing or not. Do you all have or use vent wells in other states? Do you have vents around the foundations of your homes? Well, here we do. And if it ends up that the ground level (or level of a patio) is higher than the bottom of the vent (which is often the case) you have to install a vent well. That is, a product that protects the vent from dirt, etc. blocking it. Over the years, they've had all kinds. In the old days they were made of wood or even sheet metal. Still to this day, they sell the crappy sheet metal ones at Home Cheapo. More recently, at least in my area, it's become more common to use these nice concrete vent wells. They look very nice. There are also some new plastic ones on the market now that look pretty nice too.

But all of the vent wells I've seen before today are open at the top. They just allow air to get into the vent and keep the dirt back.

Today, I ran into a place that had the coolest and most practical vent well I've seen before. It's cool because it's deeper than most I've seen and even cooler because it has a nice pattern on the top AND allows people to walk across the top.

Anyone else use these kind? Know where to buy them???

2. Picture Perfect Pavers

Picture Perfect Pavers LawnSite Member

I have never seen anything like that. Very nice if you find out where that is from please post. We could definitely use them. That looks custom designed.
  3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Had to bring up this old thread because people are always emailing me asking if I ever found out where to get these cool vent wells. So I did find out where to get them and here is the website with contact info. They are cool as heck. So for anyone who is curious about where to get them, see this website;

4. 4Russl5

4Russl5 LawnSite Member

We do up here. When we do patios that hug the home, we frame the vents out in stone. They look beautiful. We don't build them as pronounced though as the suppliers product. Is that for an egress window?