1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Coolers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Bates Lawn Care, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Bates Lawn Care

Bates Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Just wondering how you guys keep water for your employees and yourself. I have a Engel Deep Blue 80 quart it was expensive but it was worth it because it holds ice for a week. So what do you guys use ?

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I got a mid size coleman. We probably replace it every year from banging around the back of the truck. I actually dropped the skid steer bucket on the last one and smashed it. I have a small freezer in the garage that freezes blocks of ice every night(2liter bottles). They keep the cooler colder longer than cubes and much cheaper.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

4. HPI_Savage25

HPI_Savage25 LawnSite Member

Igloo cooler. Works great for us. I also freeze the 2 liters or milk jugs. Works perfect
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Bates Lawn Care

that's a good idea with the 2 liters. And yeti will be my next only because the customer service with engel.

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Why is a yeti cooler $200 + dollars?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

They are indestructable.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Bates Lawn Care

Coolers like yeti and engel are worth every penny. You can lock them so no one can mess with your beer. Haha. http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=2&flypage=vmj_genx.tpl&product_id=43&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60&vmcchk=1&Itemid=60

9. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

i usually keep some water in the truck but my guys bring their own cooler of water. this spring making the transition into the enclosed that i bought in the fall i may get a cooler rack and put a 5gal inside the trailer

10. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Those yeti look sweet, cool videos of product testing too, but kinda pricey.