Coping around a vinyl liner pool.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jbailey52, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

are you replacing the liner ?

I am asking because the liner track is typically part of that coping.. Only way to know for sure is to cut the back out and see how its connected on top of the panel..

might befriend a pool company..

2. MarioB

MarioB LawnSite Member

I replaced the liner a couple of years ago. But maybe by the time I do the job I might, who knows.

Anyway I dont think the pictures do the coping justice. I do not intend to remove all the coping above the liner channel. I was thinking just slice the coping around the pool flat so I could tile something else against it.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, you got a pool that's yours I presume??

How old are your kids now? Once the kids turn 16 that pool will never be used again. Off to college and it won't even see an annual summer party anymore.

Pools are like campers - people put all this money and work into them and all they do is sit in the backyard.

Leave the pool as is and and enjoy it. Use that time to take your favorite lady to dinner and a movie. The refreshing water won't feel any different regardless of tile, coping, etc. Accept it as it is and enjoy it.

Posted via Mobile Device

4. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn dvs. If I told my customers to take that attitude towards their front enterances, driveways, patios etc, I wouldn't have a job!

5. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

6. MarioB

MarioB LawnSite Member

dvs your tough. Got 1 kid, 1 on the way, so I have 20 yrs , give or take. JB the Website gives me some hope. I think that is what I have. As long as the coping screws into the top of the panel I don't think the coping and concrete are necessary structurally.

7. Junior M

concrete and coping are not structurally necessary if its a traditional panel pool.. The coping is just a batter board and liner track all in one..

8. brettster26

brettster26 LawnSite Member

I know this subject has been idle for a while but I joined this forum to get some additional information... I have a kidney bean shaped vinyl pool with a concrete sorround that goes right up to the copping... However, in areas it looks like the previous owner of the house has patched a few areas around the pool with concrete and there are some areas where the concrete is either lifting or the copping is almost pulling away from the concrete... Is there a solution to this that isnt going to cost me an arm and a leg? I will post some pictures that may better explain tonight... But looking for an easy fix solution, not looking for someone to tell me to rip out all the concrete and put in a new liner... I will fill the pool in before i do that.

Appreciate any advice or help. Thanks!

9. Junior M

Need pictures before I can help with a solution

10. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

sorry, we can't see inside your mind, you're gunna have to get some pictures up......