Copper: Hard To Find Fittings

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Kiril, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking for a 1" street tee, anyone know where I can find one? I've only been able to find 1/2" and 3/4".

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

All threaded? If so, you could make do with a FPT tee and a nipple.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

4. Wet_Boots

Better plan on doing without. Don't think I ever saw one, even in catalogs. I remember trying to get some oddball threaded brass fittings, in order to shoehorn a double check valve assembly into a meter pit. From catalog to distributor counter was a long way to go, and the town switched to larger pits, anyway, so the effort was wasted.

5. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

why not just a regular tee w/ a street 90? or are you not doing an irr. tap.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Not irrigation. This is for my filter closet and I need to stack two tees on top of each other, spacing is critical. I put it together last night, then realized I am missing a bypass. I can do it if I recut pipe and move everything up a couple of inches, just trying to avoid having to do that.

Red line shows where I need to stack tees.

DSCN1953a1.JPG

7. Regular plumbing supply house?

As a contractor should be able to buy something like that from a regular plumbing supply house.

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think they make them. I checked two different manufacturers catalogs and neither makes them in 1".

Anyhow, I bit the bullet and moved it up. About 75% done with this closet now.

DSCN1957a.JPG

DSCN1960.jpg

DSCN1964.jpg

9. Wet_Boots

And the winner of the Most Valves in the Closet Award goes to....

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats pretty!