1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Copper lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Infinity Landscapes Inc, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

one of my sell points is the all natural finishes that age gracefully. Some manufactures will even verdi them or antique rust new lights for you. I think all it takes is a little sandblast job.

If you dont like the splotches I would suggest using a soloution to age them. Saltwater and vinegar works well. I always make it a point to show clients photos or a real live version of what the fixture will look like in time. In our experience clients dont like the bright copper or bright bronze and definatly not the bright brass.
  2. Infinity Landscapes  Inc

Infinity Landscapes Inc LawnSite Member

Does brass have the same effect as copper does in the way it weathers.
  3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Brass does weather just like copper but it does not weather as fast. But it will patina.
  4. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Raw brass will also age and weather, but it does take a bit longer then with copper. A lot has to do with your climate and environmental conditions too. Here, I find that most copper path lights will develop a full patina withing about 9 months. The raw brass fixtures can take more then a year to develop their muted brown weathered look.

Have a great day.