Copperhead Snakes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Firstclasslawn, May 11, 2004.

1. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I have a Commercial property where copperhead snakes have been spotted frequently, not by me but by others at the condominium, so I need suggestions SERIOUS suggestions on how to protect myself.... If anyone has any

2. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

BTW I know the obvious like guns and stuff but I mean is there a type of boots that landscapers where or repellent or call some sort of pest control or WHAT

3. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Sub it out????!!!!!!!

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

wear a tall leather boot also have anti-venom solution avaliable if you do get struck,also carry mace or pepper spray...

5. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Stay on the mower.:laugh: :help:

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

They make snake boots for just such occasions,but a good tough leather boot ought to do.

7. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

Ten to one says the Copperhead Snakes are actually non-poisoness Rat Snakes or Chicken Snakes. In your part of the country you actually have to worry more about Rattlesnakes than Copperheads. Either way, I can assure you that they do not want to mess with you anymore than you want to mess with them. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone. If you had any idea how often you have been within striking distance of a snake it would probably keep you indoors. As long as you don't step on them grab them or corner them they will leave you alone.

8. Green Acres Lawn

Green Acres Lawn LawnSite Member

Your trimmer head should keep em busy until you move along!

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Keep the trimmer rpm's up and cut their heads off.

10. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

turn 2 king snakes loose in the area and your problems are solved. They will seek them out and kill them over time. We always turn them loose around new deer camps to rid the immediate area of poisinous snakes. Finding them could be a problem. Do you know anyone in the reptile field? If not call your local aninal control department and ask them. It works but can take time.

Tim