1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cops and theft

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, Feb 11, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

did any one watch cops last night?
    they had tracking devise ,and tracked a stolden air commpresser all the way to the guys garage door.
    the man that had it said he got it for 500.dollars.
    it cost over 15.000 and was brand new .
    the cop charged him with recieving stolden property.
    the cop basicly told him to tell the judge he bought it.
    thats like say its ok to steal and if you get cought just lie and say you bought it.i just thought that was so cool how he cought cought he was in the construction business, so he knew it was stolden for that price.it was the kind you can rent and pull behind your truck and run stuff like jack hammers on.
    i wonder how much the devise cost lawn mowers is getting popular for theifs?
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The cops told him to tell the judge he bought it, but that was basically telling him "Tell it to the judge." The judge knows better, and the cops know that. This guy knew it was hot and even if he hadn't, ignorance is no excuse. They criminal justice system just tells these kind of guys "Too bad. That's your problem."
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

it was lojack.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I saw that program. That technology has been around for awhile now and is being used to track cars too