cops hauled in my man

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 30, 2006.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

so, how do u guys feel about ratting other lawn care companies out? for things like, pesticide license, no business license, etc. most of u guys say don't rat. well, today, i dropped my guy off to distribute flyers. within 20 min, the cops call me, we don't have a permit, to distribute flyers. come to find out....another lco company saw my guy, and called him in. hmmmm, i wonder if this other lco, is dotting his i's, and minding his p's and q's. is this right?
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would screw him over just like he did you!!!! I know you have it in ya Bobby:weightlifter:
  3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

eye for an eye. handle it in two in daytime, making sure his I's are dotted and t's are crossed, and,the other..................... under the cover of darkness
  4. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

Are you serious, you have to have a permit to pass out fliers?
  5. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

what did they do to your guy? Fines?? How much?

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Somebody call in the sniper. Just kidden. Sorry about your mishap.
  7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I would think you would just get a fine and I doubt they would haul your guy into the station for a thing like that.
  8. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

thats low. i say take'em out at the knees. lowball there lawns hehehehe
  9. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah, Bobby your in North Jersey right? A lot of areas up in North Jersey require a permit to do any kind of soliciting at a residence. I know of real estate agents up North that have to get a "Door Knockers" permit to go door to door. Also, believe it or not many cities and towns (even if you do not need a permit) have a certain time of the day that you are allowed to flier and door knock. I know of towns that will let you knock at someones door I believe it is from 9a to like 3p. How convenient. Right in the middle of the day when you know most are not home.:)
  10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I've never heard of that either. Not around here anyways. I agree with a eye for a eye, but it will catch up with him somehow, sometime.