Cops took there equiptment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bohiaa, May 29, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

HAy guys:

there were 2 black kids cutting in my area I seen them around town and they had some decient jobs, these guys were like mid to early 20's
    They had like a home depot ZTR and a few old push mowers, BUT the other day I seen the cops taking there equiptment...

Dont kno what they did, But I was wondering if anyone knew why they would loose there mowers and trailer, "other than if it was hot" ?

also I think I'm going to give it about a week then play dirty pool and swoop down and get there contracts....

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Must have been caught mowing dirty

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

It might be a civil action. Could be several reasons. Kind of hard to speculate.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It was probably stolen equipment. Did they take them too?

5. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it would have to be stolen , there would not be any other reason that i can think off, get those flyers out now :usflag:

6. percadae

percadae LawnSite Member

If You Mow without a liscence in Sc they will fine you and take your equipment. It happens rarely but does help eliminate any one with a mower and trailer from doing buisness

7. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

If the trailer isn't registered its like a car....they'd tow it and what ever was on it!

8. gfischerj

gfischerj LawnSite Member

When I was in college the guys mowing my companies lawn had their equipment taken in the middle of cutting our lawn. They apparently had a nice little drug business going in addition to their lawn service. When the police "raided" their residence and they where not home the came and picked them up.

9. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

This would have been a good episode on COPS.

Weed out the bad ... keep the accounts for the Good Guys :weightlifter:

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure if they went to jail.... I didn't see that part...