1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

copy buisness cards?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jacob land and, Feb 10, 2006.

1. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

do copy shops make copys of buisness cards? i was wondering if i could bring one in and the could just copy it onto more or do i need to order more?
  2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

just print more out on your home printer. if you just need a few hundred then go to best buy and pick up avery biz cards.
  3. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

Most office supply stores will send them out to be made.
  4. LawnBoyatWork

LawnBoyatWork LawnSite Member
    from ohio

If you go to vistaprint.com you can get them cheap enough online you don't have to hassle with it. You can type in "grounds" into the search and pick from the options or design your own card.
  5. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

I'll run 1000 for 40 bucks. I just need your original. 110 lb. paper. gloss will be 55. If you want silk screen, one color 125, 75 per add. color.
  6. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I use Avery clean-break cards from office depot also. They are cheap and look really good with my logo on them. Everyone I showed them to last year commented on how nice they were, and asked me where I got them done. They were shocked when I said I did them myself on my PC. My stepfather asked me to make his cards for him, because he just does not need 500-1000 at a time. One advantage to doing it this way is that you can do them in small batches of 100 or so, and if you find a better design you like or want to change something on your card to make it look better, you can do it without being stuck with a bunch of cards you don't like anymore. But to answer your question, any print shop should be able to copy from your original.
  7. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

Vista print was running a special, im not sure if its still going on but you could get free cards if you pay shipping. I got I 250 for like 4 bucks shipping. Its somewhere to start relatively cheaply If you dont want to buy a lot.
  8. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the free one from vista print. Spend the extra money and get the high gloss. Makes the card look a lot better, and makes it feel thicker. Also design one yourself, or have one designed. You will have a lot more confidence when handing it out.