copy of insurance and liscense with estimate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by laborador, Aug 4, 2005.

1. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

Does any one leave a copy of their liscense and liability insurance with their estimate. I was thinking about doing this to make me look more prof and get an advantage when giving estimates, or do people really care.

2. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

I don't usually show it unless they ask for it .. c

3. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I have copies of both with me at all times, but only show it if asked. Thus far, in about 2 years, no residential customer has ever asked to see either.

Only person to ask was a Homeowners Association that I put a bid in for to do a landscape install.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We fax both in 24 hours or less when asked to.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I can't leave insurance forms or attach to estimates...

Let me explain...

I asked my insurance agent if I could just photocopy a form instead of nagging her everytime I needed a certificate of insurance. Well, needless to say, can't do it. Why? My insurance agent explained it as my insurance companies way of 'auditing' our company. They would like to know who, specifically, we are performing services for.

Pretty smart on there part. I know a company that pays for 'residential' insurance coverage but does 'commercial' work.

6. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

Laminated copies of my License, bond, and insurance in my contractors clipboard that I always carry, each day out. I just want the potential client to know that I am a professional in every way, and do not cut corners. I have only been asked a couple times but those were both for construction projects and not for maintenance.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

only time I been asked is from a real estate broker. I showed him my insurance cert and he was happy. Still have yet to get work from him tho :realmad:

8. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

I have never been asked either. I was thinking about making photo copys of both just to have it with the estimate even though the customer does not ask for it. I already have a statement on my estimate form WHEN CHOOSING YOUR LANDSCAPER, MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE LISCENSED AND INSURED. IF THE LANDSCAPER IS NOT PROPERLY INSURED, THE HOMEOWNER COULD BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS THAT OCCUR. This is just my way of trying to make people be aware that they are many companys that do not have the two.