copyright

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BSME, Aug 13, 2006.

1. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

anyone know Rainbird's (or Hunter's) feelings (or a number I can call to ask) about me copying some of their information to put on my website?

right now i'm talking about some water saving tips that they wrote... I dont really see why they'd have a problem with it if I credited them since I'm not their competition.

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

You can email them directly and ask permission, or you can change the text 20% and avoid intellectual laws that way.

3. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

yea but even paraphrasing needs to be quoted and cited...

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hunter didn't invent the water-saving tips, so I expect they've been stated before, and you could find pages to that effect on the internet. And that brings you back to rephrasing the text.

5. WetWell

WetWell LawnSite Member

Use less water!

6. WetWell

WetWell LawnSite Member

Tip #1: Drink more Beer! :weightlifter:

7. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

Make that "good" beer and I would agree!

As for copyrighting, as someone already mentioned, contact the manufactures and get the approval. Ask for digital files with their logos and other useful bits and pieces that you could use in your website design.

8. Autograph

Autograph LawnSite Member
    from Tyumen

If copy information from a site, quoting is obligatory with permission a publisher, if there is not possibility of svzyai with a publisher, the simple quoting also takes place to be.

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Contact them and see what they have to say. Maybe they'd permit it if you include a link. That way their copyrighted info gets out there and the reader can also link back to the source.

10. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Rain Bird sells pamplets on all that for customers. I know you probably dont want to buy something but I was just letting you know.