1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cordless circular saw

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

I'll be doing an install today, Billy any tips on what to use to hang the bucket on the ladder, or should I just hammer some nails in the tree as I go down?
  2. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Ummm how about a rope?

I dont get it though... why you would want a bucket of tools suspended from a top of the ladder that has to be raised and lowered around branches is just a PITA. Alternatively, if you are carrying said bucket up the ladder and back down, you will need to manipulate it, taking your hand and attention away from the task of climbing.

Just put what you need on your belt and away you go. No obstacles in your way, full attention on the task at hand, and you have everything you need in a organized fashion in front of your face.

Sure there are more ways to skin a cat than just one, but I like to find the most efficient ways. Time is $$$
  3. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

LOL.....Oh you know I got love for you big guy!!! But this desk jockey thing has perks....like Air Conditioning!!!!!! :laugh:
  4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Its all good. Desk Jokeys are just thoes who could not hack it in the field.

On the bucket. Yes a rope or better yet a hook. If i didnt have back issues I would probably do the belt thing but the bucket is quick and easy. James you are missing how I do it. I climb the ladder then pull the bucket up to me. Some of us are not worried about saving 2 minutes per tree fixture like you are. We have a 12 month install season here.
  5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member