1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cordless grease gun

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bigred350, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta go with Lincoln. The crane I'm oiling on right now has about 80-90 grease zerks, I wouldn't want anything other than the 14 volt Lincoln I have at my disposal to get the greasing done.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

All you guys are pansies, or should I say all you "girlies" are pansies.

Don't forget to wear your pretty pink dresses and apron while holding those electric grease guns.

3. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

lincoln here although I think the plastic is way to brittle I put the gun under my arm so I could use both hands to get the hose on and when I flexed some to hold on I broke the handle right off. other then that its worked great but the battery has died now and the replacements are $80 which is a rip off but theres nothing you can do about it

4. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

We're using an Alemite cordless.

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I thought I was something thinking about getting one to hook up to my compressor!!

Geez, keep up Lefet, KEEP UP!!!! :hammerhead:

6. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

The pump handle isn't so great when you've got a 24" hose extension, and you need to keep one hand on the nozzle because the hose is wrapped around three things that would obstruct a normal grease gun. I don't know how you use the lever with one hand.
    That's what they make trigger guns for, but those are just a pain.
    I use an air powered one myself, but can certainly see the advantage to cordless when it comes to portability,

7. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

It is cordless...:)

8. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help fellas I may have to get me one.