Cordless hedge trimmers

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by cgaengineer, Nov 16, 2011.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I know of a company in the hamptons who uses single sided little wonder electric trimmers powered by small honda inverter generators. They only use them on bigger jobs as they are light. The noise from the trimmer and one of the generators is also much less that a gas trimmer.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I'm interested in the B&D and will take a look at them. I understand they won't replace our HS45's but for early morning trimming at our HOA's and weekly maintenance I think cordless would be fine. We sometime use hand shears because they are light and quiet...but we break out the gas burners for real trimming and shaping.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both a B&D hedge and string timmer, they are both great for touch ups - the string trimmer I use generally at my first house of the day it lets me start early. Buy the hedge trimmer at home depot, try it for a couple hours, if it doesn't work, just bring it back. My guess is that if you use it for a real trim jobs it won't last.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Just touchups is all I want to use it for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know, the b&d should work, and it is very light

6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I have a ryobi string trimmer and hedge trimmer I bought for my girlfriend to use around the house and I have used it on jobs to touch up and small 1 or 2 shrub jobs they are not to bad. The lithium battery run about 20-30 mins.