Cordless Impact Drill

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Jul 21, 2012.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used a hf impact gun for 4 years now no problems at all 29.99. Works every twice a week for blades. Now this is electric but it has been flawless cant beat the price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Dewalt is good stuff but when it comes to impact guns Ingersoll is the best hands down. The old addage holds true especially with tools...You get what you pay for.

I have this one and it is an absolute monster. 1100 ft/lbs and 780 ft/lbs reverse.
    http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/lpg/w7150/
    [​IMG]

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Son of a gun, I didn't even know IR made battery impacts. I have a Snap-On 18V 1/2" drive and it's an absolute beast. It'll remove anything I throw at it except lugs on heavy trucks. I'd rather have a 3/4 drive for that.

I would love to try the IR gun...looks real nice.

4. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks the reply

5. POWER STROKE

No it's not gonna be for blade changing I have a electric Milwaukee and a air compressor one. This just for screws and stuff around the house.

6. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

if its for screws etc,these 1/4 drive units are probably the best tool for the job .Do you currently have any other battery tools ? if so ,why not buy the unit that matches your other stuff so they can share chargers batteries etc.I have 9 lithium dewalt 18 volt bateries ,so I have a circular saw,5 hammer drills ,3 1/4" impacts,a sawzall ,a rotary laser,a 1/2" impact ,and a few other things and every piece uses the same battery .This saves me from having too many chargers,and if I show up to a job with a dead batery I can take from another tool to finish a job .

7. POWER STROKE

Thanks guys for all the reply's and help