Core Aeration... Cost /sqft

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KDLAWN, Feb 22, 2005.

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

Ok .. I am adding Core aeration to my business this year and was wanting to know what do you charge/ sqft on a yard..

most of my yards are around 5k to 10k in sqft.. just needing some help..

Thanks in advance...
  2. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I also just added core aeration to my list of services. I just charge a flat rate of $85 dollars. Unless the area is more than 15,000 Sq ft. I have had great success with this price. Most places around here charge upwards of $100.
  3. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

$12 per 1k sq. ft. with a $100 miniumum.
  4. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

We charge $85.00 for up to 5,000 sq. ft and then we charge by the sq foot after that. Has worked out well for us for a number of years.
  5. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

I agree with Cutters, $12/1000 is a good range. Core Aeration is very important for lawn health. Many don't bother to do it untill they understand the benefits. It is a high price service that ideally should be done every 1-2 years. Sometimes people say "I'll just rent one and do it myself". After paying $75 to rent one, transport it both ways, and have to actually do the work they realize it's easier to pay to have it done. Also, our equiptment does a better job (Ryan LA 28's, Walker Perfaerator, and Ryan Tow Behinds). payup

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

thanks for the GREAT replies.. just what I needed to know!!
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How do you like that? Do you have a problem with mud caking up on the drive tires of the Walker?

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

If you know the going price is $100+ why do you leave money on the table. This is almost the 7 letter "L" word. If you do enough of them the going rate will now be down to $85.00. Next year a guy will do them for $70.00 and you will yell foul. Downward pressure can never be good.
  9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

You guys are lucky. We have about a dozen guys that run ads for aerating. Any yard up to 5k for $35.
  10. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I basically charge 3X what I charge them for mowing.