1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Core Aeration Minimum Price

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Peerless Lawn Care, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Peerless Lawn Care

Peerless Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from MN

I am sending a direct mail advertisement to all of my clients for 25% off core aeration if they sign-up before September 30. I am based out of central Minnesota and I am looking to see what others charge for a minimum around the country as well as locally.

Let me know you guys charge so I have a better idea of where the industry average is. Thanks a lot!
  2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

3. wright5223

wright5223 LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  4. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what the competition is charging. TruGreen charges $125 for a 5,000 sf lawn in NW Chicago suburgs. I'm sure they only get 2% of what they bid. I charge $39 min and do around 15 yards per day with my Lawn Solutions aerator. I have a sign I set up in the street advertizing aerations now and usually a neighbor signs up too. I know others will rip me for charging so little, but most of my work is 2 or 3 lawns together and this is what landscapers charge in this areas-usually see 8 flyers per season on doors quoting these prices.
  5. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

around here tru greens getting about $125 for 7k sq ft,

me...... about $80-$100 per 5k sq ft pending how much I have to work around.
  6. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

$ 16.00 per 1000 ft2 .. $ 150.00 min.
  7. NC Moose

NC Moose LawnSite Member

Is this for aerating only or are you including seed/fert?
  8. bltp203

bltp203 LawnSite Member

If aerating only then $68.00
  9. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

3.5 times the mowing price. Not all square footage is the same. Tough mow, tough aerate.
  10. domain311

domain311 LawnSite Member

$200 minimum for us