1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Core Aeration Minimum Price

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Peerless Lawn Care, Aug 29, 2010.

1. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

same for us
  2. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

At $200 per lawn, how many lawns do you do a day? I'm aerating around 13 per day (7,000 sf range). That would be $13,000 per 40 hour work week. Heck I might even work a Saturday for that money.
  3. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

$60 for the first 5,000 sq. ft. and $7 per additional sq. ft., and yes I measure each job; then upsell them on other services based on the same sq. footage.
  4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Peerless - doing biz in MN, I can offer better insight here.
    For just aerating (no core rake-up), I do around $10/K with a minimum of apprx $60. Some of the prices thrown on here are pretty high - you advise a Midwestern homeowner of those prices, and they will throw you off the porch.

5. domain311

domain311 LawnSite Member

Sure, it can add up to quite a bit at the end of the day...but like some of the other posts mention...its the area, our cost of living here is pretty high and so are our prices.
  6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Average job is 350-400 and includes seeding. 2 man crew usually does 6. 1 guy will do 4 usually. We have a lot that are 5-600. Very few for even 200 bucks but we also are not doing 13 a day and like someone else said....cost of living is pretty high here.
  7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

$99 min - however message too short to post so i have to add some bs
  8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Every fall there are guys out here who are offering aerations for $40 on 1/4 acre lots and $150 with seed and fertilizer.
  9. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I stick with the 2-2.5x my mowing charge for aerating.
  10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I double my application price for aeration, seeding is the same price. min is $80 for up to 5k