Core Aeration on large areas

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Sep 1, 2009.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

In the past I have not done a lot of core aerations on larger lawns (greater then 2 acres).

I have a 3 pt 60" and a 3 pt 72" and I have only used them on lawns less then 2 acres and sport fields. Don't have a clue where to charge on larger commercials.

What in the heck would you guys charge for 3-4 acre lawns. I also have a 11 acre lawn to do.

Know what I would charge....but don't want to leave any money on the table.

Thanks,
    RC

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

3-4 acre, as long as it is not too cut up, $1500-$2000. just guessing though, we price all places on difficulty and size in a formula.

3. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

11 acres equals 484,000 square feet. If you charged lets say $10/k that comes out to $4800. A good chunck of change.

Even at $5/k that is $2400. Maybe some where in the middle.

Can one person do this in one day? How about 2 people? Wide open, or a cluster f%%K?

4. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Easy ................

5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

On large jobs, I figure what I would make in normal day and make sure I get that. Price it to high and you can leave all the money on the table, customer just says no.

6. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

around here, guys doing large areas are in the 150 per acre range because of size. if you can aerate an acre in a hour thats decent money. of course the scale of cost goes the other way dramatically the smaller it gets.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I typically charge around $220 an acre...but from the few I have talked to on here that sounds really low!

Just wanted to see where you guys were at as there just isn't as big of a demand on the larger lawns...and I think a lot of it just comes down to the cost.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

it seems to use that aeration pricing differs greatly from company to company. we get a large range here, some being triple our prices and some being a bit cheaper. good luck

9. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Wow! You'de never get that around here! Does that include seed? 3-4 acres is 1.5-2.0 hrs. on a Z-Plugger

10. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

Alot depends on how thorough you are going and how much time it takes.

For example the 3 to 4 acres on a Z-plugger would take us all day, but we almost always go 4 times over each area. We are charging a higher rate but we spend the extra time to be thorough for a least the first two years.