core aeration

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by George777, Apr 17, 2001.

1. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

My partner and I have recently purchased a core aerator. My question is how to market the service? I’ve talked to some of my customers and they seem not interested. I’m asking 15.00 per 1,000 sf.

Does core aerating really improve the turfs appearance? I would think after aerating a lawn it would be an excellent time to reseed or put down some fert.

Does anyone know of a good site that explains more in detail on core aeration? I’m putting together a small binder to explain to customers.

I’ve put together an agreement that stipulates we are not responsible for improper sprinkler pipe or unmarked heads and low voltage wires.

I feel if I can educate the customers I may be able to sell the service to them.
    Any tips on this subject would be helpful. Thanks!!!

2. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

Textron.com used to have a sample kit with great brochures to pass out and a little booklet on how to sell aeration and lawn renovations. check there, they usually give these kits away at the international show in Loiusville,KY in July, so u shouldnt have a problem getting one know.

3. NateinAtl

NateinAtl LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

you should go to the web site of the nearest university to you that has a college of agriculture and look around until you find some info. I assume Auburn may be the school you need to look up. In your packet that you give to your customers, you should have as many quotes and statistics you can find from the Auburn site.. Also, don't limit yourself to just your current customers when trying to sell aeration. Flyer all the good neighborhoods, and do your aerations on Saturdays so all the neighbors will see lyou.