core electric trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by sven1277, Feb 27, 2013.

1. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

I am planning on replacing 2 trimmers and a handheld blower this spring. I am intrigued with the Core brand electric products. Does anyone have any experience with them?

2. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

Good question sven1277. I was wondering the same thing.
    If no one has experience with them, then does anyone have any opinions on these high volt, longer running, trimmers?

Blake
    Landscaper Pro

3. sven1277

..anybody?

4. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know.... I'm about to order a string trimmer and see how it works. We have a senior center that we maintain with a huge interior courtyard and they don't want us to use gas powered equipment in there anymore. We've been using the Stihl battery powered blower and hedge trimmer and they work great. We'll see how the CORE trimmer works for us....

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Core trimmer has been discussed a few times here, but nothing in great detail. No posts by those who have used them that I'm aware of.

Here's one thread I posted in after handling one at an open house.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=376199&highlight=core

I'm still toying with the idea of getting one.

6. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered the string trimmer this morning. We'll see how it works. I'll post my thoughts once we receive it and I try it out.

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Awesome. I really am interested. If not for the fact that it wasn't lighter than my Stihl, I would have seriously considered getting one.

A lot of guys scoff at the FS90R as being underpowered, but it has 100x more ooomph than is necessary for trimming 2" of scraggly grass along the perimeter of a lawn, so I can't see how the cordless trimmer wouldn't work for that sort of stuff - 90% of what I use a trimmer for.

Depending on how long the batteries actually last, it would be nice to have one less item to fuel up every day.

8. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

9. sven1277

Just wondering if there is anymore feedback on these trimmers.

10. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

A local dealer let me Demo one for a week last season, I really wanted to like the trimmer.

#1 in one week growth Bahia you could almost stall it.

#2 the line length is much shorter at the cut off on the guard than other commercial trimmers

#3 - line was so short would not edge worth a flip

#4 - real world battery life while trimming parking strips on a commercial property, 27 minutes with fully charged battery

This in my opinion is not a commercial option