Coring

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrew S, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Andrew S

Andrew S LawnSite Member

I have just bought a ute to do coring fulltime to compliment the mowing side of my business.

There is no one else in my area that offers this service,at the moment I am fully booked for the next few weeks.

My question is in two parts.

1. I have a leaflets distributed into my target areas to keep enquirys coming in.what other ways of advertising can I use?

2.I am spending a lot of time pricing jobs and talking to new people.Ihave been tempted to use a "standard price" per each area so I do not spend too much time quoting.The only thing on this is that I will underprice some jobs and this is not acceptable.

what ways can I increase my turnover on coring without compromising on price and wasting too much time pricing jobs

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you taking machine with you? Go with the attitude , I am here to aerate your property, sure I will give you a price before I start. Don't give them time to shop around. Has worked better for me.

Mark

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like you may need to hire an employee if you are too busy quoting jobs and not having enough time to do the actual work. That is a great problem to have.

Gravely_Man