1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Corn Gluten Meal and Centipede

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by GreenthumbGA, Mar 31, 2008.

1. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

I was speaking to my Lesco rep about CGM. He said he was concerned that the drying effect of the meal on the weeds would also affect the tender ends of stolens as the endevour to root. This therefore is concerning me. I know alot of post are from folks un northways, any one in the south use CGM for Centipede, Bermuda, or St. Augustine?

2. Elden

Elden LawnSite Member

I haven't applied any but I would think that CGM wouldn't have much more effect on the root system than traditional preemergants. The guys up north apply seed pretty regularly from what it sounds like, and you don't hear of any issues about the CGM app. from the year before causing problems. I don't think that you would want to put it down the same time you sodded or seeded. Apply it in situations when you would apply a normal preemergant. You wouldn't spray a lawn w/ pre. before you sod or seed.

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member