Cornell's Rock Walls and more Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cornell, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I've done a couple.... and yeah they are a lot of fun to build.

Finished the last wall on a big project we were doing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mathews

mathews LawnSite Member

Your work is top-notch. I look forward to seeing you post! You also seem like a pretty humble guy.... Keep it up, and best of luck

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Subscribed
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Cornell

from MN

Thanks and I appreciate the kind words. Gotta try to stay humble, we had a wall I built 3 years ago fail, got to tearing it down for a rebuild this week and found the cause. I'm not going into specifics because pointing fingers isn't helpful but the wall construction wasn't the contributing factor to the failure.

Still a crappy feeling all around, rebuilding something isn't progress.

Last week was moving day! This truck has a C16 in it. :cool2: We rolled out of there at 98k pounds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25' wall I built 3 years ago from behind..... they built a house 10' from the face of the wall...:laugh:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our biggest guy next to the smallest

[​IMG]

I added 3" blocks to the rear to make the reg cab sit level

[​IMG]

Washed up!

[​IMG]

5. toomuchtime

toomuchtime LawnSite Senior Member

cornell nice pics and great work! I have a question for you on the lightbar you mounted on the DX180. What brand did you go with? I was thinking about doing the same thing on a skidsteer and mini ex but was worried about how the light bar would hold up due to vibrations.Would you recommend the one you used?

6. Cornell

from MN

The light bars I use are Totron brand. I've installed about 10 of them now and they are all still working fine. No problems with vibrations from the cree leds

The 30" flood light/wide angle ones are great for above the cab on excavators and either 4" or 6" cubes for on the boom.

I bought mine from a place on ebay.

The new curved ones are pretty cool too and they might offer a little better lighting for construction use

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-LED-TLB3...Parts_Accessories&hash=item338ddccf8b&vxp=mtr

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  7. toomuchtime

Thanks for the info. Im going to order them up I will post some pics once I get everything done!

8. toomuchtime

Forgot to ask how is the light spread for digging at night?
    I was going to put one on a mini ex and bobcat. We do primarily underground.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Cornell

from MN

Good, just request the flood light pattern and you'll see just about everything.

Big rocks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We rented this little guy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Nico963

Nico963 LawnSite Member

I gotta say,I don't know how you do it!Looks great,I will say the one thing I like the most is how neat and clean your sites are.Most of the time you see construction sites look like a bomb went off on them.It looks like your constantly grading when your going back and forth on the site,You have no rut's from running the machines back and forth.That along saves your body from a constant beating all day.