Cornell's Rock Walls and more Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Cornell, Jun 19, 2014.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Always impressed!

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

great looking walls! I am still thinking you should sell me the reg cab duramax…. haha

3. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Can't do it haha. I'll have it forever.

Other guys finished the redi rock wall

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting there

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Little job from today. Was pretty interesting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Cornell

from MN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Building that wall under the 4 season porch was interesting. My top of wall gaps weren't perfect but between trying not to hit the deck, posts and porch I figured it was pretty good. Not much room to work under there.

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Looks sick. What do you do with those extra rocks? Haul them back to a big wall project yourself?

6. Bird21

Bird21 LawnSite Member

You have talent!! Walls look great.
    But what is most impressive is the pride you take in your work and equipment, well done.

7. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Looks a bit stressful working under that porch. Beautiful work as always!

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you find the 85 is with all the weight of the towtem and rocks at the end of the stick , and the machine having side mount motor?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Cornell

from MN

When I go to pick up the equipment today they'll go in the dump truck and to the next place the 85 goes. Those rocks are a little small for the DX235.

Thank you for all the compliments, I think the 85 is going to get a bath today. All the rain has made our equipment muddy and super dirty.

It was a good challenge, not completely used to the 85 yet and the boom is so much different than the Case CX75sr we used to have so keeping track of the space I had between the machine and the house was exciting, no spotter so I had to get out a couple times.

It's a smaller machine so it's not as planted as the DX235. It still lifts rocks that our T770 cannot lift or curl and carry. When I'm dealing with 40" rocks I just put the blade down and it's not an issue. I wish the stick was slightly shorter esp for building walls with the front mounted boom.

The few times I've had the bucket on the machine was super stable even taking heaping buckets of wet clay. Overall all the new machines have exceeded my expectations, esp the DX235. That thing is a beast, going from the 235 to the 180 is a huge jump, part of it is the DX180 has the long stick on it though. Before we had the long stick the 180 felt just like the 235.

10. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I was curious how the 85 was compared to the old Case. Walls under or around decks just suck, think the carpenter's do that torture the wall builder.

You ever do some window well wall with boulders?

I think in a couple weeks could come over for my audition...
    Posted via Mobile Device