Corner lots

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawns by Steve, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

I know you guys are sick of the same ole questions but, I went to bid on what was supposed to be a 1/3 acre lot, which it is except it is a corner lot as well which adds a little more. The norm around here is $25 - $30 for a 1/3 acre lot. So is it fair enough to charge an extra $5 - $10 for a corner lot. This is my first corner lot. Just need some input.:dizzy:

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

A corner lot usualy involves more edging and blowing, and is sometimes a bigger lawn. I dont know if it is worth $5-$10 more, but definately a couple $.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

How does a 1/3 acre lot get bigger because it is located on a corner? The size of the lot is important, but the time required to do the work is more important. Just because two lots are the same size in terms of area does not mean they both will require the same time to do the necessary work.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Their usually slightly oversized and have more trimming and/or edging. $5-$10 sounds about right.

5. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

I probably could have worded it better, the houses in this area are all 1/3 acre lots except the corner lots which are slightly larger. Which will mean more blowing and edging. Didn't know how much more to charge over the normal 1/3 acre lots.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Go closer to the $30 side like $28 on corner lot.