corner lots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassmasterB, Sep 15, 2004.

1. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

in neighborhoods where most of the yards are the same size and same price, does anybody charge extra for corner lots with sidewalks?

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

More grass should equal more money. Makes sense.

3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, more string trimming, more sidewalks.

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

It really depends on if we have other accounts in that neighborhood.If it's the only property and a corner lot then yes we will charge more...

5. cward

cward LawnSite Member

I agree with CamLand,
    If I have other yards in the neighborhood I tend to keep my prices similiar or the same. If it is the only yard in the area, I might charge a little more for the corner lot.

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

no.

GEO

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

rethinking the question--the answer is still no because what is the difference in mowing/trimming/edging a sidewalk and a curb?

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

The price would go up a little for the additional work. That is more edging and around here corner lots are also bigger in size. More work = more money.

Gravely_Man

9. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with everyone, more work more money, think smart business and charge a little extra

10. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

The difference is time. It takes longer to do hand work like trimming compared to a center lot that has less walkway and curb than a corner lot. We also charge by the job. It it has gates, hills, slopes, dog crap, lot's of plantings, or even fruit trees, they get charged more. We have 3 customers on the same city block. One is at $26 a mow, the other $27 and the third is at $32 and is a corner lot.