1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Corner plants?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by wattsup, Oct 15, 2002.

1. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I have a customer that wants to use something shaped like a Foster Holly, but with less maintenance and slower growth if possible. Does anyone have any ideas? These will go on the corners of the house. The house looks just like a doublewide. Thanks in advance.
  2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

If you mean smaller by the phrase 'less maintenance', consider using a Dragon Lady Holly. It stays very narrow as it grows upward.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

im not sure what type of growth you want, but if its to hide the corners, maybe some arborvitaes? my college has a good website to help you determine a good plant for your situation. scroll down on the left to plant selector.

4. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i like blue spruces on the corners the look great an provide excellent color slow growers as well . many different types i prefer the fat alberts because they round the corner off nicely.
  5. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Be careful with the use of spruce trees off the corner of the house. Spruces get really big and become a problem blocking the front windows of a home. I see this all the time here in Illinois. Good luck.