1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Corporate scam!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by noriega, Feb 5, 2013.

1. noriega

noriega LawnSite Member

Hey everybody, hope your all raking in the big bucks. Well the reason I'm writing is today I got a letter from a company named "corporate records services". They ask you to file your annual reports with them and they want your company info. They also ask you to send them $125.00. The letter looks official. Has anyone else received any scam letters from them. I'm in Phoenix Az. I googled them and they have been hitting companies all over the country. Just putting the word out to watch out for these guys.

Joseph
    C & A Landscapes, Inc

2. Joshuakwhit

Joshuakwhit LawnSite Member

Yes I got it today. It's just a service wanting to file your annual report for you. It's easy to do and it cost 20.00 if you don't have to make any changes. That's for Tennessee I don't know what part of the world your in.

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I file my own. I don't need them.

4. noriega

noriega LawnSite Member

this isnt a service they offer they send out this letter so you can send them your money and then they change their address and do nothing for you. I also do my own filing. They even tell you to have it done by a certain time. I talked to the attorney generals office today and they've had over 500 complaints about this issue.

5. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

File annual reports? I pay taxes/sales taxes. Thats all Ive gotta file!

6. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I have not seen that one but I get things like that regarding yellow pages and web domains and so forth.
    It is a carefully crafted to look offical and like a demand letter but in small print there is a discalimer that it is not a bill but an offer.

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

It's funny, but I didn't think people looked at junk mail any more... :)

8. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

The point is, it does not look like junk. It looks offical.

9. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

It dose not take much to make junk mail look official. I get them all the time about my warranty is running out when the warranty been gone for 50k miles
    Posted via Mobile Device