Correct oil filters for 15 hp kawasaki and 17 hp kawasaki

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Primecut, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Primecut

Primecut LawnSite Member

Hello. Does any one have the correct types. I was using one brand that they don't carry any more at the store I purchase at, and they couldn't cross reference them. Thanks. Fram?
  2. sicklid

sicklid LawnSite Member

you can go to any oil filter brand website and they will have a cross reference for kawasaki 40965-2078 I think Fram's is PH4967.
    went to my dealer to get a replacement filter for my 19hp Kawasaki and it was a Luber-Finer it cost 9.97 so I got one, a few days later I happened to be at Auto Zone and they have a filter called Valucraft for 1.99. I looked at it and thought it looked just like the dealer filter so I took it home and what do you know it is the exact same filter, same markings, cut them open and compared IDENTICAL the only difference is the one for 1.99 says product of USA and the dealers says Product of Mexico. I know where I will be getting filters from now on.
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I'm curious to know how you were able to measure the micron size that the 1.99 filter is able to filter down to compared to the original Kawi filter.
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The 17hp I know for a fact is gonna be a ph 4967. Depends on what S number you have however...

TORO/ECHO LawnSite Member

only one oil filter for all air cooled kaw's
    does not matter the "s" code is
    i am a auth kaw warr dealer, I would know