Correct Weed and Feed product for Lesco????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TheTurfTender, May 27, 2008.

1. TheTurfTender

TheTurfTender LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Anyone know what the name of the 2nd treatment for lawns is from lesco? I think it is the Momentem Weed and feed but the $45 a bag seems a little steep....Am I missing something?

Thanks

B

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

If you have to ask....you shoudn't be applying!

Sorry but you need to stick to mowing!

3. TheTurfTender

from Mn

Thanks screech but this is how we learn......

Stick to being a jamoke ;)

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I guess I am surprised that a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL wouldn't know what product to use on a lawn!

Why are you using a granular product anyway?

I would recommend granular fert and liquid weed control for best results!

5. TheTurfTender

from Mn

Understood. I can use a general fert to thicken the lawn if that makes you happier. I paid the buck fifty to get the liscense like everyone else around here. I am not pretending to be an x-pert.

That being said, do you know what the general fert is called or even better have an item #???

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm confused here, because I know of no "general fert", or what any 2nd treatment would be from Lesco. I can have two houses next door to each other, and they can have 2 different treatments for their 2nd treatment.

7. TheTurfTender

from Mn

On their suggested turf program page, they say to apply a general fert in mid may to june. I was going off of that, so if there is another alternitive, I can do that as well.

All of the lawns I am servicing have dandy and quackgrass issues, and I would like to help out on that front.....

8. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I used that my 1st year as a licensed applicator, since then I have went liquid for my weed and feed applications. And yes JohnDeere/Lesco has raised their prices somewhat more than normal this year. At least that has been my experience recently. Will be shopping around more to try and save some hard earned green.

9. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

The second application can consist of many different products. There's nothing ever set in stone. With that being said, only use the 21-0-11 Momentum Weed & Feed if your lawn is loaded with weeds. This product WILL NOT prevent weeds from growing but it will kill the weeds that are there. It probably will not control the smaller leafed weeds such as clover. If you don't have any weeds, then don't use it! Instead, substitute another application of 19-0-6 Dimension (another 90 days of Crabgrass control) or Turf Fertilizer (24-0-12, 25-5-10 or 28-5-12 + Iron.)

10. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds like a retail price--you can probably get a weed and feed at Walmart or Lesco products at Home Depot for a better price. And a liquid herbicide is far superior to a dry product, less costly, too.
    If you are inexperienced, read through the site for past discussions--you will learn a lot.