1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scottt, May 5, 2004.

1. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has used corsair in their PG. Just curious on whether corsair works well with little water as a carrier. I don't feel like using a backpack on a half acre. Thanks
  2. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I haven't ever used it in the PG, only backpack. Too hot an item on P Ryegrass, what are you trying to control? I've used it on Tall Fescue.
  3. greenerpastures

greenerpastures LawnSite Member

Comparing corsair vs. revovler. Similar chemistries, but revolver is newer and appears cheaper. We would be applying on bermuda for ryegrass control in late winter or early spring on properties that winter pre-emerge was missed or played-out. Also have a few fescue problems as well that could be treated later in season. Would welcome comments to any who have compared side-by-side.
  4. scottt

I will be using it to remove fescue from bermuda. I know it works great at 1 gallon per k, just don't know if the entire leaf would need to be wet to work properly. No one has used it in their PG? I really don't want to backpack this large of an area.
    I will be talking with someone at Estes this week who has done a side by side comparison. I'll post his results. Revolver is half the cost per k, if it works as good this would be a huge savings.
  5. greenerpastures

greenerpastures LawnSite Member

what rate ? Label gives a lot of latitude in rates?

Being that revolver is a converted corn herbicide (Option-Bayer)--- it should be effective at lower gallonages. 10-15 GPA is common on the ag side. Personally, I will use it in a zspray@20 GPA.

--- will be watching for your post.

BTW, Georgiaturf.com displays some good data on revolver and other newer products.
  6. scottt

The rate for revolver was 8 oz per acre. At that rate it is exactly half the cost of corsair. I will post the info when I get it. Thanks for the link.