1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cost/area of pre-m's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AustinJ, Jan 15, 2002.

1. AustinJ

AustinJ LawnSite Member

I've read a lot about pre-emergent treatments in flowerbeds, and it sounds like I could save a heck of a lot of back-breaking labor pulling weeds by doing this. I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of the prices of some common pre-em's like snapshot or treflan and how much area can be covered for that price? I plan on getting my pesticide applicator license this year sometime, hopefully, but do not currently have it. The laws in my state allow pre-emergent treatments of non-restricted herbicides for commercial use as long as it is a minor part of the business, and basically, I just want to test out some of these pre-m treatments on some of my weed-ier accounts to see if they work as good as I'm hoping, and see whether it's worth getting my license. Any help would be much appreciated!
  2. GreenStar

GreenStar Banned

i went to lesco over the summer and priced gallery at $119 a pound and one pound per acre for turf grass

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

The thing is (at least in OHIO) you need the horticulture licence to apply pesticides in beds. Some plants are touchy. If you get any pendamethalin near pachasandra, for instance, it will DIE.
  4. AustinJ

AustinJ LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I better get that license before I start messing with things I don't fully understand. Can never have too much education...
  5. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have used Pendo around pachysandra for years and had no problems. It is listed on the label too. I am just putting in my 2 cents. Hope this helps. Check this if you are curious. http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld489004.pdf
  6. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

:cool: Don't forget SURFLAN......if you use Round-Up, it tank mixes and works great to fill in the holes from a granular ap.:cool: