Cost For a Lightening Plan

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by ed2hess, Sep 1, 2011.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Our projects start around $3500 and we do cover the entire Austin area, especially the west and north. Just drop us an email at info@night-scenes.com

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Is there remote controller in lighting that would allow turning off certain zones without string seperate wires to every zone. In irrigation you can get smart valves that can be connected together with one wire but the controller can address each valve seperately....am I being clear?

3. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

You should really give Paul, the post above yours, a call. He definitely knows his stuff and the design fee he charges will be well worth it. I learned a great deal in the time I spent with him.

The short answer to your question is that there isn't anything equivalent to 2 wire for lighting but the real answer is longer and more complicated. You can't loop a single wire pair for lighting like you do for irrigation, the current demands are too high. While they're both low voltage systems and troubleshooting the wire is very similar, that's where the similarity ends.